Gaming PC anything I should change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO!!! PRices will drop, and the new 5 series ATi cards will come out@$!#$#!@$%

so, what happens if you get a dud that doesnt clock high? do you think that all chips will hit 5ghz with just anyone pokin around on it? no, thats a rare case and, more importantly...someone who knows what they are doing.
im tellin ya, benchmarks show the i7 lacking in gaming performance compared to yorkfield. certainly behind a similarly clocked wolfdale.
i say stick with the yorkie man. brand new tech like i7 will have kinks that haven't even begun to be worked out yet with end-users.

I once said they sucked, until somebody told me they were old benchmarks, that weren't ustilizing the full power of the i7.

Personally I'd go i7. If you're gonna spend 320 bucks on a quad core, why not a top of the line one? I don't think the Q9550 will be so much better than the i7 in gaming. And once games start utilizing 4 cores, it'll be worth it. And to be honest, it's not like performance sucks with an i7 in game. It might not be as good as a yorkfield, but it'll be more than enough to handle any game without bottlenecking anyway.

And 1337 JohnN, once again... the 5 series is NOT COMING OUT ANY TIME SOON. They're not even finished developing the 4 series.

yeah i suppose looking at it like price wise it would be a good idea if you were going to spend that much. gaming performance definitely doesnt suck. but unless you have 2 or 3 gtx260's or hd4870x2's and play at 1600 or below, you wont notice a huge difference between the i7 and say...an e8500. ie at higher resolutions 1920+, the performance difference is pretty small in most cases.
i just think there are little buggy-boos yet to be discovered in nehalem and definitely in the motherboards. maybe its just because i am not looking to buy one ATM lol that i am so critical.

lol, trotter said like early next year..

I think you'd have to wait for both quads, because prices will both go down. By then, most kinks will be fixed, or found..

Plus, a quad is more future prrof than a dualcore. and a i7 board is too.

John he already has a Yorkfield. If he won't notice much of a gaming difference with the Core i7. He should wait it out, its not like his computer is slow AT ALL.

I mean shoot I m still waiting it out with an X2.

yeah dude this rig will last another year + (LOL you kow ill probably buy something new next week lol). 'specially after i pop in that 2nd 4870. then it might be time for a nehalem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom