New computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang2009

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,

I just built a new compter which booted up fine and once I went to install windows, that's where the problems came. Vista will not install, all I get is the background screen of vista, nothing pops up. I think the problem is my hardrive, I have a seagate oem sata hardrive with an asus P5q pro motherboard. I put the sata connector in the slot the manual said and I'm not sure if I should try it in another area? I have the cd rom then the hardrive to boot second. Is there anything else I should be doing? Thanks

Vista wouldn't even boot if you had the SATA cable incorrect.

Could be a faulty installation or a hardware conflict. Were you sure all hardware drivers were compatable with Vista?

Is this 32 or 64 bit?

sounds more like a bad install....i would try the install at least once more

Here are all my computer parts

mobo- asus p5qpro

hardrive-Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

ram-G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B - Retail

cpu-Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500

dvd drive-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black SATA Model LH-20A1S

powersupply-CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

video card-HIS Hightech H485F512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

The motherboard manual said to install the hardrive in a certain sata slot, I tried that and it did not work. I moved it over to another slot and it still did not work. The window screen comes up but all I get is that, I can't click on any options or anything. I want it to be 64 bit, do I have the option once vista load or are there specidic disks?

There are specific disks, 32 bit and 64 bit - it should be written on the disk itself or within the paperwork (or OEM should be within the reciept).

Try the install once more. If you are getting through the installation process you have the right channel for SATA, just the install went bad at some point.

Check yoru BIOS. Do you have ACHI enabled? Do you have the SATA Drive set to work in IDE mode?

Sorry to say you cant have ACHI enabled and the SATA Drives set for IDE mode. That is impossible. It is either ACHI or IDE mode. Cant be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom