Gaming PC anything I should change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl? it doesnt perform as well as a yorkfield quad in gaming applications. the same way a yorkfield OC'd to 3.6ghz doesnt perform as well as a wolfdale at 3ghz. there are at least 10 games that support multithreading out right now, but they dont have a massive advantage over a dual core. besides that, the OP never mentioned overclocking. not everyone does it. not everyone wants to.

ok...i dont get your question...
but let me try to see if i can answer it anyway...
if a game is written for 2 cores, then you can still play it on a quad (obviously), but you wont get any real tangible benefits.
if a game is written for a quad, you can still play it with a dual core, but you will see a noticable (usually) difference in performance between a dual and quad.

so, what happens if you get a dud that doesnt clock high? do you think that all chips will hit 5ghz with just anyone pokin around on it? no, thats a rare case and, more importantly...someone who knows what they are doing.
im tellin ya, benchmarks show the i7 lacking in gaming performance compared to yorkfield. certainly behind a similarly clocked wolfdale.
i say stick with the yorkie man. brand new tech like i7 will have kinks that haven't even begun to be worked out yet with end-users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom