*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

So with a lower multiplier I am able to push my ram as far as I can. Which means I won't have to worry about the CPU crapping out on me before ram does?

Well in that case, I m out of luck until I can pick up some decent ram.

Im trying to get my ram at a better timing

its Corsair XMS2 800mhz ddr2

with 5-5-5-18 @ 400mhz (its at 420~ right now)

any suggestions?

Hussein-- you say you can lower multi, raise FSB, and max out ram-

This is true.. most of the time...

Unfortunately my motherboard seems to be locked at cpu/8 ram divider.

so the max i can get is 420~ with 3360 core

(3360 isnt stable, but the ram is fine....)

i wish i could figure it out, it might help me with ~200ms time

and after all, im only ~220ms away from husseins record

Are you just raising your multiplier? Or are you actually increasing the bus speed?

Also you can place a limit on the Hyper Transport. Kind of like the ram so you will be able to keep pushing the bus speed. For my 27.600~ Super PI I had a Vcore of 1.65, so voltage helps as well.

yeah i limit the Hyper Transport once it reaches 1100mhz (1100 is perfectly stable, so thats my limit)

Im increasing the FSB AND multiplier to reach a max,

This board doesnt seem to like FSB above 225~
maybe just a bad board or something i dont know

But 1.65v??? HOLY CRAP,,, are you on air cooling?

I dont know what my temps are going to be at that voltage, but the Brisbane core has a bad temp diode, so i cant safely monitor temps

1.52v is my max (i have the bios 55c warning, and 60c shutdown)

if i increase to 1.55v i end up getting a warning, and i dont like that...

rich...
your mobo is not locked at that divider.
if you cant get but 225 clock speed that is whats limiting your ram speed.
what multi are you running now? 15 or 15.5?
try dropping the multiplier to 12 or 13, then drop your clock down to a reasonable level, say 210mhz or something, change your ram speed (you may not even have to do that) and then look at cpuz. i guarantee you it wont be cpu/8 anymore.
then, raise the clock to/above 225 mhz with a lower multiplier. you have probably reached the limit for the chip, but having a higher clock speed and a lower multiplier is better than a high multi and low external clock.
you can also take your chip up to ~68*C max temp. i wouldnt run it that hot 24/7, but it will be fine for a few SPi runs.
as far as the HT bus speed, a lot of the newer brisbanes actually like it to run well above 1000, if the ram and cpu external clock are also overclocked. the older chips didnt like it at all, but brisbanes do sometimes.

It may be the simple fact that im running on the Integrated video, and thats un-needed NB stress.

I got it to boot at 3.6ghz (bios says 3.6ghz, 200x18)

but CPUz said 3080 or something?!, and my SPI time was destroyed.

Once i get my 4830 on friday, i'll try all this again and see if i can get it any higher

Right now im running @ 1.488v 3328mhz core, 208mhz FSB, 416mhz ram

after i get the 4830, i'll disable the onboard (its a radeon 3200 onboard, its actually not that bad, but for my needs it only barely cuts the cake)

hopefully that will open up a few options (i know for a fact its going to reduce the NB temps dramatically)

So **** lucky Rich. I order my first one this week Friday (thanks to my brother). But it won't arrive until like 2 weeks from now. I order my second one next week Friday though.

Back
Top Bottom