How hot is too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe i love my pc, 39 idle, and at load, never checked, but not that much, hehe. the problem i had was my stock heatsink/fn, made SOOO much noise. like 50-60 db man it was LOUD. so i bought a silent boost, now its tight, and silent.
But back to the point, i would start worriying way befor 75-80c hehe, id be sh*tting my pants by then, hehe

agex000 said:
Yep - Those temps are ok. If the temperature exceeds 75-80 C under full loads, i'd start worrying! ;)

75-80 is for graphics processor units. For CPUs, I wouldn't let it get about 65*C on full load. My Athlon 64 3200+ 2GHz, overclocked to 2.2GHz sits at 45*C idle and gets up to 55*C under full load.

U-Toast said:
beedubaya, waht hsf u got? and what are the temps for a stock 3200 64?

Believe it or not, I am using the stock hsf. At stock speeds, it ran about 40*C idle or something like that. It doesn't run too much hotter overclocked to 2.2GHz....

nice, ima upgrade to a 64 soon. are they really worth it? kinda dumb quest, hehe, but i like having feedback from several people.

lol, you know how they have a power supply calculator . . . do they have a heat calculator for a computer that people would build? highly unlikely, but just wondering . . .

beedubaya said:
75-80 is for graphics processor units. For CPUs, I wouldn't let it get about 65*C on full load. My Athlon 64 3200+ 2GHz, overclocked to 2.2GHz sits at 45*C idle and gets up to 55*C under full load.

It completely depends on the architecture of the CPU.

And I said if it reached 75-80 C to start worrying because that can potentialy damage the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom