Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
[t..o..m]
I can't brain today

Default Re: Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
By the way, I AM using a Vista 32 system. Updated the vidcard drivers (solved ALL priors instances of CTD) This is the ONLY place I get CTD!

I am in the midst of completing quesst obj "escape vault 87"
I walk into a room. Some kind of grenade drops from the ceiling. CTD....

I am pretty positive that this is where I am supposed to be taken by the Enclave or something of that sort. I believe it involves a cutscene. Because of this belief, I think that the ffdshow conflict may in fact be the problem.

BUT! Ho do I add fallout3.exe as an exception to the ffdshow decoder list? I don't know where to look!

Thanks in advance. Vista32 ftl.
Well if you have it installed you should be able to go 'start' then type ffdshow and then clicking on the ffdshow video decoder configuration link.

If you don't have it installed then download it, install it, and add it to the exception list to see if it fixes your problems

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.