Monitor going black after xp loading screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavezFever

Solid State Member
Well ive had some problems with my monitor lately and now i cant even use it. It started awhile ago where if i turned my monitor on after my computer had started up the monitor would turn on and say no signal and go into stand by mode. I had to turn the monitor on right after i turned the computer on for it to receive signal. However now, i turn the monitor on right after i startup the computer and the screen comes on displays the windows xp loading screen and then after than it just stays black while my computer starts up.

What would be the cause of this problem? I got all the dust out of the case and took the graphics card and ram out and cleaned them and put them back in but its still happening. Thanks for the help. Ill post computer specs if needed.

Try booting into safe mode.

Could be an incompatable driver since you can see the POST screen and see XP loading.

Try booting into safe mode.

Could be an incompatable driver since you can see the POST screen and see XP loading.

When i boot in safe mode there is a lot of line dialog that comes up acros the screen but it stops and dosn't load into xp. The last line is:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\Mup.sys

This is the bottom line listed on the screen and it just stops here and dosn't load farther.

Haven't done the research but i see there may be a problem with a system driver - probably video related.

Try a repair installation of XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom