Can laptops be repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the symptoms are, you need to explain what is happening to the laptop, when it started, how long it has been happening, etc.

Is it not turning on at all? Are the LED lights lighting up at all? Have you tried a different battery? Have you tried a different power cord? Is it making any noise at boot up?

I have tried to turn it on and the blue led lights come on and nothing else. Nothing comes up on the screen. This started about a month or so ago. I have not tried a different battery or power cord since I thought it was the motherboard. When I turn it off, it does make a popping noise.

Then it probably isn't a MB issue.

Some laptops don't beep now. I know it sounds weird, but they don't. I've had a decent number of laptops that had bad hard drives or monitors that did the exact same thing yours is doing.

Hook it up to an external monitor and see if you get a screen.

I don't understand, if nothing shows up on the laptop screen, why would something show up on a different monitor? I will try that if I can find the right cable.

Because the laptop monitor could be burnt out - a more common problem than the entire MB taking a duece and dieing.

Use a desktop monitor and hook it up the the 15 pin blue connector on the back of the laptop - turn it on and see how far it loads (assuming you can see it).

I don't see a connector on the back. There is one on the side, I'm assuming that is the one you are talking about.

I don't have the right type of cable. I found a 10 pin cable but no 15 pin cable. I will keep looking.

Yes I do but I don't have the right type of cable. What I did was took a s-video plug and hooked it up to a vcr which is connected to the tv and nothing came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom