Can't find CD-R and DVD-R on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin2000

Beta member
Hi guys, i think i am in huge trouble.

When i go to "my computer" and you have "C-drive, DVD-drive, and CD-R drive" well the only thing i have now showing is "C-Drive" and along with share things with friends folder. This happened when I removed "Encarta Encyclopedia 2000, Microsoft money 2002, Itunes, Photo ups, and Microsoft Streets" from my computer because i rarely use them to save computer space. When i restarted my computer and went back to to startup windows, i couldn't see my CD-R and DVD drives.

I tried even reinstalling the hardware from the installing CD's but my computer or either of the drives will not recognize anything. I can't even burn any music or movies onto CD-R.

I went to "Device Mgr" and uninstall both drives and restarted my computer. My computer did find hardware but the same problem persists. I went into the device mgr and it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" for both CD-R and DVD-R.

I don't know what to do, i am so lost, and I am afraid i will loose every important thing on my computer if i don't resolve this soon such as my college work and family photos.

Any suggestions?

I think this probably wouldn't apply if you could see the drive in device manager...

Have you checked that the device in enabled in the bios?

(Just in case you don't know- access the bios by pressing a key when you turn the computer on, usually delete key)

Strange problem you have, and I doubt this will work, but its best to try every option.

Something similar happened to me, but it was because i changed around my drive order on my IDE cable
I switched em around again and that worked....

Thank you guys for all your help!

Someone PMed me and said to go into "startup", "run" and then "regit" (or whatever its called). They asked me to go into folder "{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" and deleted "UpperFilters, LowerFilters, UpperFilters.bak, and LowerFilters.bak", but didn't tell me which particular folder.

However, i have a bigger problem: When i restarted my computer, my CD-R and DVD-R was back to normal but i couldn't get my mouse or keyboard to work. I even disconnected/reconnected my back wires and still nothing. Everything seems to be running completely normal on my desktop, but again, i can't do anything with my mouse or keyboard. Its like they both are disabled.

I believe this happened when I went into 10-14 folders with this similar name---> "{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" and deleted "UpperFilters, LowerFilters, UpperFilters.bak, and LowerFilters.bak". I wasn't sure which folder to go into so i went into all and deleted "upperfilters, etc."

I don't know what to do and i am even more lost. Is there a way i can reverse this or enable both of them to work properly?

Sorry again, i am not a computer person. lol!

Please, please help! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom