COD4 patch downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
hey guys i got cod4 and it came with version 1.6 and my friend who also has it, had 1.0 so he upgraded to 1.6 so we could play together,but it was really slow and was kicking him from the program so he just reinstalled the game and now hes back to 1.0.

so i want to downgrade to 1.0 s we can play together.

is there anyway i can do this???

thanks

I do not think there is any practical way to downgrade. Also, there is a major issue with running the older versions in that there will be almost no online games to pick from since most servers update to the newest version of the game when the patch is released.

Just tell him to install 1.6 and 1.7.

The patch does not have any issues with kicking, and it was probably a Punkbuster issue, which is usually easily fixable. You won't find hardly any servers on 1.0.

um there are way way more servers in the 1.0 version also many more people.
and it wasn't just the kicking part,it took almost ten minutes for him to get into a game when it took me 30 seconds

I haven't played CoD4 in a while and that completely skipped my mind. He is right, if you do not have an updated version of PunkBuster you will constantly get kicked from games.

If you want to have version 1.0 you would probably need to use his disc with your cd key.

ya there are a lot more players on v1.0... and i also have similar dilema, my clan is on v1.0, but my new server is set to v1.5... anyway i can downgrade it to v1.0 so we can use it
can anyone please help... (upgrading whole clan isnt an option either)

Im sorry but there is no reason for people to game on 1.0, its more buggy and doesnt have the new maps.

Getting kicked from games is due to punkbuster, not patches.

How can you seriously say more people game on 1.0? Show me some statistics or I won't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom