HP w2207?? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trentt

Beta member
I currently purchased an HP w2207 LCD monitor, and it seems to be giving me some trouble that I cannot figure out. After hooking up the monitor, I installed the software changed the resolution and checked for updates and everything, and my computer was lagging very bad, not just on the internet but windows itself. The computer kept freezing up and was just being very annoying. I ran the wizard and it checked my PC for the best solutions for the monitor, and it still kept the lag. I lowered the resolution and it didn't help anything. I've tried everything I can think of including checking for updates on my video card/driver, and everything else. Before I was using an HP w19b and it worked perfect, I hooked this monitor back up after the 2207 was giving me problems, and the problems seem to disappear, It's just frustrating me very much. If anyone could help me out, it would be sooo helpful, and I would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!:D

My computer specs are:

Dell XPS DXP051
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
375w power supply
Geforce 8600 GT

Thanks again!

I don't have a specific reason why the monitor itself would cause your pc to lag. I've never come across something like this, at least not that I can recall.

But if your old monitor runs perfectly there must be something wrong with the new one. If I remember correctly the w2207 has integrated speakers, right? Other than some odd conflict with those on your system (It can probably be disabled in the monitor's settings) I can't think of anything. I would take it back to the store/site purchased from and get an exchange.

What "software" did you install? have you tried uninstalling it to see if it is causing the problem? What updates were installed? Any of these could be the issue.

Try using system restore and going back to before you added the monitor and see if everything is fine. If the software was for the monitor, try using it without the software and see if it works without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom