Help Having new comp problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum70

Baseband Member
I put togather my new comp its a soyo dragon 2 motherboard, 1 stick of 256mb PC400, Nvidia 5700U, 480 watt PS, and a P4 3.0e. My first problem is that it would start and then restart then restart again it would only be on for like 30 sec. I put more compound on the cpu and now turns on for about 15 seconds the restarts and stays on for ever. Heres my other problem when its on I dont get an image on the monitor its just black/gray. Ive plugged the monitor into the video card and also the motherboard. All my fans are working my cd drives are working too. Im trying to start the comp on a preloaded windows hard drive so is that the problem? If not then whats wrong with it and what can I do. I also get no beebs or anything. I've cleared the jumpers and everything still no image. Help me please.

Preloaded windows on the hard drive, try a repair, if its xp, or reload the operating system. I think that maybe part of your problem, or i would just return the motherboard...

the operating system is xp and the HD works fine on my other comp. Is there something wrong with the motherboard? Im kind of new to comps and not sure how to do the repair.

"DragonBoard..."

Did the processor come with the board itself? There may be some compatibility issues there. :cool:

ya, check out ur mobos site, and make shur all ur componenets are compatible with ur mobo. u can send them a mail if u wnt also. probable a compatibility issu. or take out all ur hds, and format them on an other pc, they may be corrupted.

Re: "DragonBoard..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Did the processor come with the board itself? There may be some compatibility issues there. :cool:
The cpu did not come with the board but i checked the site and it is compatable my video card and others are also compatable.

Is the RAM good? Might want to check that. BTW, I love you for plugging the monitor into the video card (and mentioning it!). ^_______________^ People dont tend to try/tell that they did.

digitalninjas said:
Is the RAM good? Might want to check that. BTW, I love you for plugging the monitor into the video card (and mentioning it!). ^_______________^ People dont tend to try/tell that they did.
Im sure the ram is ok but theres no way to check it as i dont have a another motherboard to check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom