What to look for in good Mobo and CPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbinnerarity

Baseband Member
As you will probably learn, I am new to the whole build your own computer stuff but I have come to learn that it is far cheaper and it will definately make me more happy if i did it myself. So...I am planning on building my first rig this Christmas! I've done my research and i know somewhat to look for, but my question to you is, what should i look for when deciding which MoBo to get. I'm gonna go with Intel (almost posotive). Also same thing about the Processors. Not sure what all to look for. If you would help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Is that for BOTH the mobo and cpu? If it is, lemme tell you right now that'll be a pretty cheap rig :)

Still need a bit more info, e.g. what are you planning to use this rig for? Will you be overclocking?

well yeah i know those are good, but my question is why their good and how i know besides just trusting the brand

I recomend getting a biostar TP45HP and either a E5200 or E7300 dpending on your budget. The E5200 and E7300 are both 45nm dual cores so they are excelent overclockers and offer good performance at stock. The TP45HP is a great board and is very good at overclocking.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
or
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom