*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

lemme guess, you want the 3GB kit for better overclockability? So far mine run great with only 1.5V @ 9-9-9-24, all the other venders are listing 1.65

I would have to disagree.
6GB should have good overclocks.
I don't know why people only use 2GB when overclocking before. Look at these babys: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1100 (PC2 8800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Should be able to hit over 1200.

I would have to disagree.
6GB should have good overclocks.
I don't know why people only use 2GB when overclocking before. Look at these babys: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1100 (PC2 8800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Should be able to hit over 1200.

I have the 6GB DDR3-1600 Kit, but i'm pretty sure lower density memory capacities are easier to overclock, but thats not to say the higher density modules won't overclock

and alot of people still use 32 bit.. so they don't buy any more than 3gb

which is why i'm getting a 3gb kit and not a 6

i love my windows xp.. and don't feel like switching over just yet... but i do seem to be finding myself in need of more memory

I use a dual boot WindowsXP / 32bit Vista

I love vista, i wont be using the WinXP install unless i want to run my old games.
*yay Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Whacky Wheels, Jazz Jackrabbit yadda yadda*

Anyway, 32-bit still works for me=)

and we still dont have any purely 64-bit programs, ALOT of devices still arent optimized for 64-bit.

As soon as i see a clear performance benefit for switching, i'll install my vista ultimate x64.

Untill then im using vista home premium x86

=)

By the way, Nosboost- you guys were talking about lowering my memory speed, raising the FSB, and lowering the multi-

well it doesnt work, the best setting for max speed is 1066, but its blanked out because im not using a phenom that supports 1066

And in all of my tests, the highest i got my memory was 420mhz @ 3.36ghz (unstable i might add)

Its running fine at 3330mhz 222fsb, 416.25mhz ram

oh well.... its funny how that extra 30mhz makes it unstable

Its also funny how at 3330mhz 222fsb, CPUZ shows 3300mhz 220fsb....

thats a very low overclock on the memory.... pump up the voltage and get more!

memory voltage that is

I don't see why its so hard to make things 64bit. Doesn't it just require re compilation? I don't think I have every programmed where I would need to change any of my code to make it 64bit. At least in Java memory management is handled by the compiler.

Back
Top Bottom