*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

That's at 2.8ghz with like 4MB Cache. Still not bad for a Phenom. Deneb should have 8MB and able to over clock much higher. Can't wait until they're released, going to have loads of fun with that chip.

Why is the second Cores multiplier higher then the other 3?

That's at 2.8ghz with like 4MB Cache. Still not bad for a Phenom. Deneb should have 8MB and able to over clock much higher. Can't wait until they're released, going to have loads of fun with that chip.

Why is the second Cores multiplier higher then the other 3?

he only oc'd one core and isolated superpi to run on the second core because its only single threaded. and by isolating the oc to one core it helps a bit with temps cause there isn't a huge increase on all teh cores, granted there's still gonna be an overall increase in heat cause the voltage isn't isolated to core2, but there will be less heat coming off the other 3 cores.

If you can get that E2200 to hit 3.5ghz then I'll do my best to push my X2 to 3.4ghz. Which translates to insane voltage increase and suicide runs.

Is it smart to overclock just one core?

yes it is, if its for a single threaded app

on the old 680i i turned off 3 cores for my 680i to get the time that you see there :)

How do you disable the cores??

In windows?? I may just do that on my F@H rig to cut back on power usage.

If you can get that E2200 to hit 3.5ghz then I'll do my best to push my X2 to 3.4ghz. Which translates to insane voltage increase and suicide runs.

Is it smart to overclock just one core?

I'd go for 3.5ghz no problem if i had a decent board that didn't have insane vdroop.

This piece o crap has .1+ droop which makes oc'ing a crap shoot :mad:

Back
Top Bottom