8ms LCD response times mainstream as early as January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
at least thats what ViewSonic and BenQ are saying . . .

"ViewSonic and BenQ will release 17-inch LCD monitors with an 8ms response time next month, and both companies expect 8ms models to become mainstream in the first quarter of 2005, according to the companies.

ViewSonic plans to introduce two or three models with an 8ms response time in the fourth quarter of this year, while focusing on models with 16- and 12ms response times. The company expects its 8ms-response-time models to become mainstream in the first quarter of 2005.

BenQ also plans to release two or three 8ms models and increase its sales proportion of 16- and 12ms-response-time models in the fourth quarter. LCD monitors with 8ms response times will not become mainstream until the first quarter of next year since upstream panel yields still need to improve, the company said.

Chi Mei Group (with its CMV brand) and Royal Philips Electronics also plan to launch 8ms models in the fourth quarter of this year."

-Jimmy Hsu and Carrie Yu, DigiTimes.com

copied it because after a day or two, they require a paid subscription

basically, thats how long it takes to turn on and off a pixel . . .

8ms means 125 frames per second

12ms means about 83 frames

16ms means about 62 1/2 frames

25ms means 40 frames

ohh ok, kinda makes sense i guess, hehe, thanks. What happened to u and ur Kristin Kreuk? hehe just wondering

oooopps, was talking bout kangaro.. hehe i confuse u to, cuz ur sigs look alike, red and bleu, hehe. my bad.

koldapu said:
at least thats what ViewSonic and BenQ are saying . . .

"ViewSonic and BenQ will release 17-inch LCD monitors with an 8ms response time next month, and both companies expect 8ms models to become mainstream in the first quarter of 2005, according to the companies.

Holy cow! Less than a year after the 16 ms ones were the cream of the crop. I wish I could buy one computer related thing that wasn't obsolete before it lost that "new plastic" smell.

bah...i was gonna buy a 712x in like 2 months...now i dunno what to do....the 8ms LCD's will be expensive for a couple of months...and i dont wanna wait like 6 more months to be able to get a monitor but i dont want an old technology for $500....

this is so confusing..

i think you mean the 172x . . . thats a good monitor, but the viewing angles are HORRIBLE!

also, i kinda wish they had 1600x1200 12ms . . . . . . but they're GETTING there!

its kind of like digital cameras . . .

i hate how all these companies keep raising the resolution standard (all of a sudden, my 4MP isn't "good enough") but all of these point and shoots are STUCK at 3x optical zoom!

i mean, no one in their right mind would constantly shoot pictures at a resolution of over 2mp (1600x1200)

i mean, you'd have to buy a HUGE memory card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom