*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Give the Core i7's some time. By the time Q1 09 comes around they should drop in price a little, including the ram, and motherboards. Don't know who it was, but some one claimed that the cheapest Core i7 would be priced around $500. Boy were they wrong.

Right now I am thinking of getting the ASUS Rampage II Extreme but I won't be going with Bloomfield until late next year or early 2010. Currently working on my yorkfield build.

Did it with 3.3ghz.......... oh well. At least I beat Rich's Super Pi.

I think i could disable SMT, 3 cores, and then my turbo mode will be +2 instead of +1...but I can't seem to get over 205 BLCK under 1.4 :(

Thinking whether or not I should attempt 3.4ghz. Based on what everyone has been saying, my chip shouldn't hit 3.4ghz. But its worth a try I guess.

BCLK = base clock, its the 133mhz reference clock, BIOS calls it BCLK

Memory and QPI also run off the BCLK with a multiplier. I can get 205, but Vcore has to be like 1.43 for that to happen, I don't feel comfortable with that on stock cooling.

EDIT: How accurate is VID on real temp?

Couldn't boot at 3.4ghz, so I took it back down to 3.2ghz. Think I m going to keep it at 3.2ghz 24/7.

Real Temp is a little off, CPU'z is more accurate. But most accurate is the Bios. Go with the 1.048V that CPU'z shows.

Well that's idle vcore, on load, its about 1.225/1.250, so let's assume VID is 1.250....I'm a little disappointed with that lol, I thought it was supposed to be lower!!! my Q6600 was 1.250!!!! My Vcore in BIOS is set to auto, but lists it at 1.2V

Back
Top Bottom