*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

4.1ghz over clock on stock cooling is insane. With that much over clocking head room, I don't see the point of purchasing an after market cooler anymore. Unless 4.1ghz 45nm Core i7 does not meet your needs.

That will slaughter every pc here, except for AP4's.

Miraculous you could fit DDR3 ram, Core i7, an X58 mother board, and a 4870X2 in that budget. For the price, its definitely worth it.

AND ME :p

i'll still have my tri sli gtx 260's by christmas ;)

and in case you didnt know.. i ordered an i7 as well

Remember when I said give Nos 2 weeks before he got an Core i7? Guess I was right :D

Nos is right, overclocking the bus yields much better results. I compared my OC super pi time to a i965 w/ 25 multiplier, my superpi was about .6seconds faster then he was @ 4.0GHz.

Wait till i get better air cooling or water cooling, then its 1.5V all day everyday

Bus is ALWAYS better then multipliers lol. Its just with overclocking through the bus, it takes a little more know how, and some patience.

thats where imma be, i just ordered my i7!!!! looks like me and you will be the only i7 owners... but for how long.. i'm ordering my mobo right now :)

and with overclocking bus.. it just means you needa give the mobo more voltage

aaww man, i can't compete with ur water cooling...unless i get one this winter...don't beat my time or else

have you decided on your board? Only a few boards support TRI-SLI, and the P6T isn't one of them. So far i know both the gigabytes, msi eclipse sli+ (not eclipse sli), Rampage II extreme, and the EVGA do, and none of them use the NF200 chip so PCI-E lanes are always 16/16/4 or 16/8/8

Evga should release a X58 PWM FTW WTF BBQ in december ^^

Im thinking of getting a different mobo with more sata ports, its an addiction now

i'm thinking of getting the gigabyte x58 that already has the chipset cooler on it.. still not sure, its got tri sli support, which is awesome to me!

Back
Top Bottom