Upgrading, need a quick hand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
Hey, just looking to upgrade a part or two in any of these systems, I use them equally or a friend will use one as much as me, any opinions are welcomed.
==============================
-case: Antec 900
-EVGA Nforce 680I SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
-CPU Heatsinks Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme
-EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GT Superclocked 650MHZ 512MB DDR3
-Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12
-HD Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5IN 500GB
-PSU Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W

or..

case: Antec 900
Mobo: gigabyte ds3
Cpu: e6600
video card:EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB
Ram: (4x1gb)OCZ Gold XTC Pc2 6400
Hdd: seagate barracuda 320gb
psu: OCZ GXS 700w

the first setup I wrote has a problem time to time when gaming and thats a bsod(rare) Not sure what triggers it yet *I know its not a mem error, Ive done multiple tests and even brought it to a professional, they couldn't find an error with it. As for upgrades, I'd even be willing to go for sli here, It's been awhile since I've actually done any comp work so Im a bit rusty.

So are you talking about upgrades in General? or various stuff in your comp you have to upgrade, and whats your budget?

Is there a certain rig you want to be a little better than the other?

I'd say general, sorry I wasn't too informant on my previous post. So far my budget is about $500 worth of upgrades, can be more but I'd rather stick to this quota. As for which rig I'd prefer, it doesn't really matter to say. Just whatever rig would get more out of the $500.

Both seem to be in tip-top shape in terms of their status, really no point in upgrading.. at the most you could upgrade the GPU's but the 8800GT and 8800GTX cards are really nice (unless you feel they are lacking in games)

Thanks for the responses, wouldn't it be cheaper to just go for duo 8800gt? or would 2x gtx260 blow them out of the water? (If I did go for the gtx's I could easily sell the 8800gt to a friend). Note: I am in B.C./Canada so my main buy site is from NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.. Oh, nearly forgot, I'd need more power to run the SLi's? 620w..

The 260s would blow them out of the water, but SLi'd 8800GT / 8800GTX's are an amazing SLi. I'd recommend that if you want more performance in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom