Will my PSU handle Crossfire 4830's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i7's can get 4.1ghz on stock cooling as proven by AP4LIFETN. the max OC of them must be absurdly high. I don't wanna jinx it, but can anyone say 8ghz on LN2? My e7200 got to 4.1ghz on air, but it was with a Core Contact freezer, when they come out with comparable Nehalem coolers, I think we can expect 4.5ghz+ on air. This processor just keeps amazing me.

i havent seen a single 965 hit much over 5.0ghz... i don't think core i7 is gonna have a huge overclocking headroom... at least not with this batch, maybe a revision will prove otherwise later

If a little P4 can reach like 7GHz with nitrogen cooling, I'm sure a 45nm Quadcore with HT can, with some extremecooling.

pentium 4's have nothing to do with current gen chips, theyre based on netburst and were meant to clock high but with extreme amounts of cooling.

Yeah netburst is completely unrelated. I just think the i7 has a lot of potential because we are seeing 4ghz+ with 1.3v. I had to do 1.5v to hit 4ghz. That is a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom