Will my PSU handle Crossfire 4830's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are getting 4.2ghz on air.. with a quadcore... i think thats amazing

and 3 gb ddr3 kits are only 150 for ddr3 1600

AP4LFTN did 4.2ghz on Stock I think..

They don't have crappy stock coolers anymore (well not as crappy)

With the leaked slides of Deneb, it looks like AMD are expecting >4GHZ on air, even more on water. (compared to Agena, which they have as ~3.2 expected overclock)

I m strapped for cash right now. Going to order my first 4830 next Friday and the next one the week after.

The only reason I see people going Deneb is to hold off and wait until DDR3 prices drop and AM3 boards drop in price as well. Which isn't half a bad idea, so basically its just a chip that will last you long enough till you are able to afford a decent AM3 build.

DDR3 ram is NOT grossly over priced I admit, neither are X58 boards, and the 920 for $320 is a steal. But why pay so much, if with a little patience you could be saving hundreds in the process?

I m strapped for cash right now. Going to order my first 4830 next Friday and the next one the week after.

The only reason I see people going Deneb is to hold off and wait until DDR3 prices drop and AM3 boards drop in price as well. Which isn't half a bad idea, so basically its just a chip that will last you long enough till you are able to afford a decent AM3 build.

DDR3 ram is NOT grossly over priced I admit, neither are X58 boards, and the 920 for $320 is a steal. But why pay so much, if with a little patience you could be saving hundreds in the process?

because i want my super pi back.... is why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom