Upgrading Another COmputer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best PCI Card is the Albatron 8600GT, not that great of a card, but its hard to find

Will my computer A6212N be able to handle a GeForce 9500GT - X16 PCI Express

It says that it requires a minimum of 350W or greater system power supply. Is there a way I can up my wattage usage?

Nope, PCI Express and PCI are two different things

PCI:
AMR_and_PCI_slots.gk.jpg

PCI-e
gigabyte4-8.jpg

And Cutting them won't help ;)

Seriously, I'd say send that to the trash heap and I'll set you up with a rig that is super awesome for $500

you guys aren't reading the question.
he asked if the 1st comp would be better than the 2nd he listed. which the 2nd isnt a computer it seems but an AMD socket A mobo. which doesnt support pcie. but thats not what he's asking.
OP,
the first comp (the HP) YES it will take a pcie x 16 card. it has one open slot.
YES, it will be better for gaming (with the additional card) than a system built around that AMD motherboard you listed. the chip in the HP is far superior than the chip that would work in the other computer.
as far as the power supply, the only thing to do is post your specs here and we will tell you if it will work or if you need a newer PSU. there should be a little sticker on the side of the power supply. give me that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom