=) Going for 27, you said i couldnt do it. tsk tsk tsk

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what i meant to say is, 800/667/333/ yadda yadda is only going to lessen it

so, the memory divider at 800mhz is cpu/8 according to cpuz, and unless i can get my core clock above 3.3ghz, i wont be able to get my ram any higher, because the FSB doesnt make a difference in the ram speed, its the over-all core speed that makes the difference for me

this is a foxconn a7vmx-k, (i've heard bad stuff from a few of u guys, but im telling u this thing is rock solid, the ONLY thing i cant figure out is the ram, but i wouldnt be suprised if its hidden away in here somewhere and i just havent found it yet)

you have to change the cpu multiplier as well, then your ram divider is going to change. its not neccessarily true that dropping the ram speed to 667 (depending on multi...it may drop it to cpu/6 or 7) will lower the overall speed. you have to excuse me, it has been awhile since i overclocked an AMD. monkey around with
cpu multi and ram speed setting and see what happens. i assure you that the ram can be run higher than you have it running currently. i was running my ddr2 800 at ~530 mhz with a 3.3ghz clock. i THINK i was using a 13 multi and 255 external clock speed (13 x 255 = 3.315), with ram set at either 667 or 533.
the clock speed does make a difference, it just depends on what your ram speed is set at and what cpu multiplier you are using.
try running a lower multi and a higher external clock, which "should" give better results in SPi anyway.

I get 17s on my E6300 @ 3.2ghz :)

and this is relevant to the topic why?? i got 9.7 with my e8500 at 4.7!! LOL

anyway.... when it says ddr 800 and 667 and what not, that is actually one of the dividers, i think 667 or 800 may be 1:1 not too sure which one.. i don't quiet remember how am2's work out

whatever you have it set to now, open up cpu-z and go to the memory tab and it will tell you how fast your ram is running

Finally got my chip to 3.20ghz. Now for some Super Pi, I m going to see if I have better luck then you. My ram is @266mhz/533mhz limit, operating at 321/642mhz timings are 4-4-4-12-16.

Got 1,174 CPU mark in Passmark :D Wonder if Super Pi will give me anything under 30 seconds.

You know what Nagasama, your absolutely right i didnt think of that.

Dropping the Multi and Raising the multi changes the divider.

(i know this ram will go higher, i still havent hit any issues with it, i had it to 450mhz and windows loaded fine, everything worked perfectly, its just the CPU core couldnt handle the speed)

i'll try messing around with ram speeds.

I think 800DDR2 overclock to 900DDR2 might give me a few miliseconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom