Will my PSU handle Crossfire 4830's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
very true, i7 seems to be out of the question for some time, i mean $550 for a motherboard!!!!! dammed if ill be buyign that anytime soon, and im yet to se a big performance in games yet anyway. any good dual core or quad can suffice for the mild video editing i do.

Price isn't that much of an issue for i7 in the U.S. The 920 is practically a bargain for $320 considering how fast it is at stock and its overclocking ability. The cheapest x58 in newegg is $220 with the gigabyte X58 costing a little under $300 which still isn't unreasonable when you compare them to x48 or 780i/790i prices.

$200 for board with a new socket and $320 for a brand new chip isnt bad.

I remember seeing 3.2ghz HT p4's for over $300 on newegg.

Price isn't that much of an issue for i7 in the U.S. The 920 is practically a bargain for $320 considering how fast it is at stock and its overclocking ability. The cheapest x58 in newegg is $220 with the gigabyte X58 costing a little under $300 which still isn't unreasonable when you compare them to x48 or 780i/790i prices.

You forgot DDR3.. but its still a decent price..

Will I be able to afford it? Heck no :D maybe after Quarter price cuts!

I'd say it will be very competitive if it's priced well.
Not if people are going to avoid i7 because of price.

Deneb wont be cheap. And unlike Australia people in most other countries can get Core i7 for a reasonable price. It's either that you have some crazy import laws in Australia or the companies are greedy. If they are greedy petition Newegg to open a store there. Look what it did when it came to Canada. If its the laws then protest them.

hey hussein maybe i'll sell you my 550vx for 80 bucks shipped. i want a new PSU cos i am gonna buy another 4870 here when the price hits bottom. (already the 4870 1gb is $40 cheaper than when i bought it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom