Rebuilding my pc again (this is my 8th build).

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
This week I have a personal friend of mine that drives the city busses in augusta.
I fixed her PC twice in the past do to a very bad trojan on her system and again because her HDD died on her.
This time she says her PC won't turn on, so I spent the night testing her system and I found out her power supply had gave out along with knocking out her mobo ?
I took her pc apart and I found roaches erupting from the power supply and from under cpu fan and the mobo, I quickly took the mobo out along with the power supply and threw it out the window before my house got infected with bugs which I don't need.
I told her the bad news about her dell and I gave her the option of me giving her my mobo, celeron d 347 786MB of DDR-400 ram and a 400 watt power supply or she would wait a week and build her a new pc which I end up charging 250 for parts 75.00 for labor.
She wanted my pc and I told her pc will be ready by 3:30pm today. also I charged her 65.00 for my system. does that sound like a fair deal to you all ? besides that the woman is usually broke when I see her so thats why I gave her most of my main pc parts.

I will be rebuilding my again and my buget is up to at least 100.00
I really would like another gigabyte motherboard because I had a great time with my previous one and never caused any problems with my celeron d or celeron dual core.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX RX-380K 380W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Supplies
raidmax 380watt power supply

Newegg.com - Kingston 512MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Kingston 512MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - OEM

Newegg.com - Foxconn M7VMX-K LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Foxconn M7VMX-K LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - EVERCOOL PT12-9525EA 95mm Ever Lubricate CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
EVERCOOL PT12-9525EA 95mm Ever Lubricate CPU Cooler - Retail

Any suggestions ?

I have my 1 year gateway case, 2 hard drives one of them has a sata socket, I have DVD-RW dual layer burner with CD-RW with dvd rom combo drive, I have XP professional sp2.
I have a TV tuner card coming in the mail soon I have DDR-RAM 400 but that will be useless to me now and finally I have a celeron dual core e1200.

So that parts that I listed in my last post is what I need really.
I'll keep the power supply that you mentioned, but I really can't get the 1 gig of ram just yet I'll have to wait until thanksgiving is over to get it.
As for the mobo do some of you think it would be wise to get it ? like I said newegg.com had a gigabyte motherboard going 47.99 Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards and it would be perfect to replace my old one, but the price for the other parts is keeping me inside a set priced cage for now, which is atleast 100.00 spent.

You really want to use integrated graphics instead of a video card? How come you can only spend $100? That computer is going to suck. No offense.

Druid I think that you and I both know that at this time of the year and the economy and job markets is doing a super man the ride twists from six flags on us meaning that times are tough for some of us especially me, I am in between jobs as of right now I owe my mother money who I stay with, I am going through a rough time with life right about now.
I know fully well I didn't have to give 75% of my PC parts but I did it for this lady who needs it more then I do, life in augusta ga is like utter ****!
The least I could do is give that woman at a very low price and she wouldn't have to go to dell and pay another 500.00 for a system that she would hate.

As for the parts goes I will order it wednesday morning and by the way that system does not suck, what sucks is those Intel boards and you are limited to what it has minus the fact you will never overclock well on those mobo I tried it myself and it isn't pretty when it starts to screw up...

MadMikeXP, I little story that might be useful to you if your interested, 2 yrs ago I built a pc for my fathers Christmas present and 2 weeks after he was enjoying it the MB died on him. So I replaced it with a cheap MB I had for a backup system and sent the gigabyte MB back for the warranty and a few weeks later I got the board back and he said the pc is running great and I shouldn't bother putting the gigabyte board back in, so I put it on a shelf and ended up building a new system for myself, so I didn't need it for the backup system anymore and it is of no use to me. so if you want it before you spend money on a new MB it's yours for the taking. it's a gigabyte GA-8VM800m-775 it will use your ddr 400 ram and is AGP this is the board. GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-8VM800M-775 since I got it back I have not tried it but they told me it was fixed.(and sent it back in different AMD MB box) but the right MB. I still have the driver disk but misplaced the book. you did something nice for someone so I'll even pay the shipping for you to GA. consider it a holiday gift if you want it, I'd rather see it go to good use because it is just going to waste on my shelf. Let me know and we can work out the details. OH and there are no roaches in this one YUK:eek:

Dauntae

MadMikeXP, I little story that might be useful to you if your interested, 2 yrs ago I built a pc for my fathers Christmas present and 2 weeks after he was enjoying it the MB died on him. So I replaced it with a cheap MB I had for a backup system and sent the gigabyte MB back for the warranty and a few weeks later I got the board back and he said the pc is running great and I shouldn't bother putting the gigabyte board back in, so I put it on a shelf and ended up building a new system for myself, so I didn't need it for the backup system anymore and it is of no use to me. so if you want it before you spend money on a new MB it's yours for the taking. it's a gigabyte GA-8VM800m-775 it will use your ddr 400 ram and is AGP this is the board. GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-8VM800M-775 since I got it back I have not tried it but they told me it was fixed.(and sent it back in different AMD MB box) but the right MB. I still have the driver disk but misplaced the book. you did something nice for someone so I'll even pay the shipping for you to GA. consider it a holiday gift if you want it, I'd rather see it go to good use because it is just going to waste on my shelf. Let me know and we can work out the details. OH and there are no roaches in this one YUK:eek:

Dauntae

I will take you up on it, before I do that I need to find out if my celeron dual core will be supported by your motherboard and work well.

Also hrlow if you really don't need that cpu, I'll take it.
My mother needs a new system and I am already planning to give her a few major upgrades on her Dell.

Last Trotter or Mak if you see this, please don't mind the chat if you need to, move this topic to the for sales forum and I'll continue it there.

PM me your address, You may have to flash the Bios because the cpu listed cpu support section in the link I posted has much more than existed when I purchased it.

I have it all packed up and ready to ship tomorrow. Hope everything works out well for you and you have it up and running in no time. at worst the pent. 4 shuold have no problem running on this board so you have a few options.

Dauntae

Hey, I'm back after about 7 days, I finally got the motherboard that guy sent me in the mail.
Apparently Gigabyte was right the Motherboard did NOT like the celeron dual core....
When I started up his motherboard it came up cmos it paused and there was a nonstop beeping error it pointed out the CPU was unrecognizable, I quickly shut it down to prevent damage to my one and only working celeron.
Newegg.com sent me the mobo I wanted 512MB kingston ram and 400 watt dynex power supply.
It took 8 minutes to reinstall the hardware and cables and then powered it on.
At first it came on and quickly shutoff, apparently I had the power switch wires mixed up and the masscool heatsink fan didn't power up because I had the fan switch reversed.... :0
Here are some pictures of my PC and desktop.
Thank you daunte for your advice and to you all that bothered to read this thread, I'll be trying to overclock my cpu a little bit to 1.8 or 2.0ghz with a bios update if possible and upgrading the ram.

phot0005vp9.jpg

phot0006ag4.jpg

phot0008gx0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom