What should it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on an 17" flatscreen LCD. I love it, but yeah the picture is a little bit different from CRT's. When I first saw the computer on this LCD it seemed like everything was a little bit 'brighter' I guess you could say. On the flatscreen CRT everything should be a little bit 'CRISPER' around edges and stuff like. Personally I love my flatscreen and I've grown accustomed to it and yeah its not worth to look at this thing unless the resolution is at 1280x1024. On 800x600 its just DISGUSTING. For crisper image quality then yeah go with the CRT definitely

"Darth CRT..."

I'd go with the CRT. Although LCD monitors are clear, the color have been known to be destorted when viewed from different angles.

I've allso heard from a different topic that LCDs aren't good for gaming, since they arent able to utillize all 200fps of some games.

CRTs however, aren't allways as clear as LCDs are, and are heavier and cost more for shipping... :cool:

The only LCD your going to get that can beat a 300 dollor crt moniter is a 800 or more doolor one so dont same im incorrect!

I don't know...I was playing soldier of fortune at 225FPS on my LCD monitor. I've gotten used to it now, but when I first switched from a regular monitor to an LCD flatscreen I was like 'WHOA what the hell?'

"Rage of the monotron..."

Nubius said:
I don't know...I was playing soldier of fortune at 225FPS on my LCD monitor. I've gotten used to it now, but when I first switched from a regular monitor to an LCD flatscreen I was like 'WHOA what the hell?'
Did it get faster or slower? :cool:

Circa219 said:
Go with the LCD one. The extra money is worth it. LCD monitors have such a better picture quality than CRT monitors.

what are you smoking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

CRTs by far beat LCDs in picture quality, color quality, everything!!

Only thing LCDs are good for are style and not taking up space (plus higher-end ones are digital)

If you're gonna buy an LCD, get a good one, but its gonna cost AT LEAST $850!

ok, for best crt, viewsonic, amazing contrast, but i recommend a flat, u dont have refresh rate problems/annoyances, u know when u stare at one side of screen, u c it flikker on the other. Even with high refresh rates, u can still c it, and it tires ur eyes MUCH more than a flt. and flts are space savers. Up to u tho.

for normal stuff the new LCD's would prolly be better... but for games and media, thy still prolly wont match the performance of the CRT.

They seemed equally clear. I was just saying that the LCD's can support up to 200FPS.

these arnt acurate answer's ... u cant compare a CRT to LCD, it depends on what your using it for.

if your using it for gaming or watching video/media, i would suggest the CRT.

but if your using it from image editing/photoshop , web , typing, bla bla.... then i would suggest the LCD.

I both game and work in photoshop and my LCD does me just fine. But I will say that it would seem them on the LCD that black just doesn't seem as 'black' as you think it could get....if that makes any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom