S Video Displays (TV Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozar927

In Runtime
Hey guys,

Idk if this belongs here but their isnt really a video card forums soo here it goes.

I have 2 9800 gt s via SLI and I want to use S video to connect to my TV. I want to do this mostly to watch movies etc. But when I go to Nvidia control panel and switch to TV solo display not only does it port it in horrible resolution (which is fine because dvd play normally) but when I got back to my monitor it messes up my desktop badly. How do I avoid this?

Using Vista 32 bit BTW

heres some screens

Untitled-1.jpg

This is the menu were I can switch displays

Untitled3.jpg

Well my first guess would be that your TV cant handle the same resolution that your monitor can. So that would be why things would look worse.

Moved to the hardware forum. This is not Windows based.

Yah my TV is crap but I have a 22 inch wide screen monitor that i run at 1680 by 1050 I just dont want to ruin my desktop every time it switches back to the monitor. Thats my biggg concern

Is their a work around that wont ruin or change my desktop?

Yeah. Dont send it to the TV. If that isnt a option then get a better TV. Those are the only options that will not ruin the desktop.

what decides how a TV will display it. Whats a nice TV thats reasonably cheep with S video and will display my 1680x1050 resolution with out ruining it?

hmmm maybe this is crazy but is their a way to save your desktop layout in some way and load it up somehow?

I know it sounds crazy but iv stumbled across odder software

Well most HDTV's will tell you what resolution they can display. Just check around google, newegg, and local stores to see if one is in your price range that can meet your resolution requirements.

ok as always thanks for your help...

hmmm maybe this is crazy but is their a way to save your desktop layout in some way and load it up somehow?

I know it sounds crazy but iv stumbled across odder software

The main thing is to not check the align to Grid option. Other than that i havent seen anything. But then again i dont have a single icon on my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom