Ram Corsiar vs OCZ, need a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
i live in texas close to san antonio. of course i am in a difficult time. you do know that the housing market is in shambles...which is a large part of my business. thankfully, not all of it. just gotta watch the money, lots of people that do what i do arent doing it anymore because they are broke. i am going to make it and hold out, and when the market booms again i will rule here with an iron fist.

You should build houses in Katy. Many people are moving because of the schools. I live in Seven Meadows close to Cinco Ranch. Our house is built by Highland Homes maybe you know them. The schools are reaching their capacity so KatyISD already bought land for new schools.

too far away from home for me. i do have a friend thats a concrete contractor in baytown, he's making a killing. i like it fine here, i have a strong business base but things are just a little slow. probably will be back to normal (hopefully) in the beginning of next year.

I love how hilariously "off topic this topic" has gotten :p

So I guess for now I currently plan to get 4 gigs of ddr800, if I can find 1066 for the same 4 gigs price ill prob go with that thought, hopefully theres some crazy deals come november black friday!

PS: Anyone know any good links to a lot of memory ram comparison reviews? They used to have a lot back in the day

So I finally decided and I'm going with this: Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

anyone have any objections? reasons why I'm going for it:

1. I guess I don't need 1066 ram since the most ill ever overclock too with this q6600 is 3.6 ghz

2. The timings are the same as my current G.skills

3. The voltage recommendations are also the same!

4. Its only 30 after MIR! can't beat that for 4 gigs Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

5. There will be no hope for me getting another 2 gigs of my current G.Skill ram since its still at $100 after 1.5 years and I dont want to mix and match ram

6. I understand I'll only see around a +1.25 ram quantity upgrade since Im on a 32 bit OS, but oh well its a good increase I think for just $30

7. The ram seems to be very tried and true and very recommended

Anyone have any objections or better suggestions? Ordering tonight if I don't hear any

RAM is fine, and for 30 AR its a great deal. You shoulda bought my HZ's a few weeks ago, I sold it for $50. You could always loosen up timings and get them higher

I have almost the identical ram but I don't have the reaper edition and I paid twice that much. I have not had any problems with mine.

hmmm when installing the OCZ ram will I even need to change any of my BIOS settings or can I just leave it at 0.3+ volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom