Any readers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoLoCroN

Daemon Poster
I was wondering how many of you read for fun???

Allot of time reading is a burden, be it for work or school, reading is not emphasized as a way of entertainment.

So... How many of you read for fun??

If you do read, what is your favorite book/books???

Mine, I'd have to say The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.... WOW

I have others.. but I'll save them for later.

ENJOY!!

i read a lot but only non-fiction. right now i'm into 4 books of different subjects:

1.The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene (a book about string theory and cosmology)

2. The Peloponnesian War by Donald Kagan

3. Early Socratic Dialogues by Plato

4. Math and The Mona Lisa by Atalay (regarding Leonardo DaVinci's works)

"RagePro(TM) REVIEWS..."

I review major programs for a living, so I have to read allot of manuals to to figure out not only how to use them, but to determine what new featured they have. It wouldn't be much fun unless I was getting paid for it. (500$ month! :))

As for reading for the heck of it, without reward, I really enjoy TF since I have alot of idle time on my hands. lol :) :cool:

I read for fun... I'm reading King Lear right now. My favorite books are probably 1984 (Orwell), Brave New World (Aldous Huxley), the Last Temptation of Christ (Kazantzakis), Being There (Kosinsky), Middlesex (Eugenides), and Lord of the Flies (Golding). There are probably more, but those are my favorites of the ones I've read recently. :)

I am not a big reader. I usually read a novel every 2 months or so.

Anyways my favorite novels are THe ILLiad, THe Odyssey, and THe Aenied.

I mostly love these novels for teh way Homer and Virgil protrays true honor, love, and courage of men and how none of those play any role in the neverending battle of good and evil.

I dont mean to go off topic but Emily, I do not understand the wide obsession with Pink Floyd. I listened to almost all of thier stuff and never "got it". Maybe its just me;)

Emily said:
Lord of the Flies (Golding)

I read that book a few years ago...I find it incredibly disturbing...yet it's impossible not to enjoy reading it...

Kostas, I've heard about "The Elegant Universe"...is it good? I've had a great deal of trouble understanding the whole string theory thing...is this a good book to explain it all? I was introduced to it when I read "Time Travel in Einstein's Universe" by J. Richard Gott and found it was really the only thing from that book I couldn't understand...(an incredible book, by the way...I highly recommend it).

Lately I've been reading A LOT of Agatha Christie books (murder mysteries). They are INCREDIBLE. If you haven't read any I highly recommend reading "Murder on the Orient Express", "The ABC Murders", Cards on the Table, "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd", "Lord Edgware Dies", "And Then There Were None"...and basically any other book by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom