Intel Core i7 hits 5ghz (56k warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about the price tag on the Deneb come release date makes me shiver.

If it will be $300 USD, then it will be like over $400 and even more when you add shipping and handling.

The Q9550 was $320 on newegg, while it was $414 on newegg canada..... which was BEFORE shipping and handling.

i'm now new to the egg, since i live in canada i never really looked at thier prices on the US.
however, i did notice that a lot of the AMD processor (havn't compared the Intel prices yet) were a good $40 bucks cheaper than Tiger, NCIX and Anitec. the 9950 on egg is sub $200cnd where both Tiger and NCIX list it at $240+.

if newegg can do something like this with the newly released processors, it would result in competetors having to come down in price creating some good competition - especially with how the market is going, compaines WANT business anyway they can get it.

other places like NCIX and Tiger can have excellent excellent deals with shipping. just need to keep your eyes open. My Cosmos case was ground shipped from NCIX in Vancouver to Ontario...5.99 for shipping. *shrugs*

Intel considers it a new Generation. Penryn addressed several shortcomings to Conroe and improved on it a fair bit.
I suppose it depends what you consider a 'generation' in CPU terms. Broadly, most people would say it's when a new architecture comes out, with a new name.
If Penryn is a new generation, Deneb definitely is too.

Actually it was in several games. You are referencing the old benchmarks. The newer ones paint a much different story. I think I showed you this link earlier.

Intel Core i7 "Nehalem" CPU Review - hardCOREware.net
I'm pretty sure most of those are well threaded games. COD4 I think might not be, and probably most of the games I play aren't.

i'm now new to the egg, since i live in canada i never really looked at thier prices on the US.
however, i did notice that a lot of the AMD processor (havn't compared the Intel prices yet) were a good $40 bucks cheaper than Tiger, NCIX and Anitec. the 9950 on egg is sub $200cnd where both Tiger and NCIX list it at $240+.

if newegg can do something like this with the newly released processors, it would result in competetors having to come down in price creating some good competition - especially with how the market is going, compaines WANT business anyway they can get it.

other places like NCIX and Tiger can have excellent excellent deals with shipping. just need to keep your eyes open. My Cosmos case was ground shipped from NCIX in Vancouver to Ontario...5.99 for shipping. *shrugs*

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9950 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.ca - AMD Phenom 9950 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

(Normally $200)

TigerDirect and NCIX are way over priced lol.

Newegg Canada FTW!!!?

Newegg Canada is offering more and more free shipping though. Which is great.

Most of the games that aren't multithreaded are old enough that current chips from either maker will run it sufficiently fast. Its a moot point.

Don't game developers and programmers work around the capabilities of current hard ware? So if the current chips are not multi thread, why would they waste their time developing multi threaded games? By the time that games are multi threaded and more CPU intensive. By then both AMD and Intel will have already released chips with better multi threading capabilities.

Umm current hardware is multithreaded, and has been since 2006....... Dual cores are multithreaded processors. And even some single core processors can be, if they have something like hyperhtreading.

Most of the games that aren't multithreaded are old enough that current chips from either maker will run it sufficiently fast. Its a moot point.
Most games made today are still single threaded.

So far there's UTIII, Crysis, Supreme Commander, 3Dmark series, WoW, ET: Quake Wars

Are you trying to imply that multithreaded games run well only on intel chips?

cause thats just not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom