=) Going for 27, you said i couldnt do it. tsk tsk tsk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
Well when i was talking about getting my new system i had a few private messages, and lots of posts on my threads about how i wouldnt reach 28s superpi with an athlon 2 5400+ BE

well heres the screenshot, NEENER NEENER
28829.jpg

(thats actually 3.3ghz, cpuz reads it wrong.)

this thing hits a brick wall at 3.317ghz @ 1.45v FACE FIRST

3.4ghz @ 1.52v isnt stable, and 1.55v gives me a temp warning (i have it set for 55c warning, and 60c shut down-- because the Brisbane core temp diode is all ****** up and it doesnt want to read the right temp.)

Also- this Foxconn motherboard, some of you said foxconn makes crappy boards-- well thats not my experience.

This thing is rock solid, i get NO vdroop at all (none, the voltage stays the same constantly)

i have lots of voltage / frequency settings in bios for everything i can image

EXCEPT--- it doesnt have a memory divider option=( its cpu/8.....

So i got 28s, now i just need to shave off another 829ms so i can get 27 like my end goal was.

My question is this--- do you know any tips?, overclocking core OR memory anymore is out of the question, im at my limit with this particular chip

ALTHOUGH- the memory will definitely clock higher than 415mhz(ddr830), i dont have access to a memory divider, so i cant change that.

and the core hits a brick wall, like i said, after 3-4 minutes in prime95 it either gives me an 'error', or it starts spitting out 'warnings'

any tips are appreciated=) i want to get 27s

well if its 28.999 s, its not 29s...... soooooo.. yeah

and processors such as the high-clocked C2d and Quad processors are SOOOO close in time, you have to round to 3 digits to separate everyone

if these guys Rounded, everyone on the top would have the same score, and it wouldnt show a clear winner=P

either way, i had to run super-pi about 20 times before i got 28.829..

the first 10~ were around 29.5, and then all of a sudden it started dropping every time i ran the test..

so it was like, run the test, open cpuz, take screenshot, close cpuz, run the test. yadda yadda

im going to try messing around with my memory timings later, and see if that helps

Heh with my e6600 2 years ago I got 13.515 at 3.78ghz

Now I'm getting put to shame with all these darn e8600's...

thats a good time and a good clock. but i dont have to eat my hat yet :D.
and just to clarify...i never said you couldnt do it at all, i said you couldnt get 28 seconds (as in 28.000 or less) with a 3.2 ghz clock.
see?
dude..28 seconds aint gonna happen at 3.2
i dont mean to be negative, but its not. if it does, i will eat my hat
but thats still a good overclock man. getting sub-28, though...that last second is going to be the hardest. i got so close to it i wanted to cry. just wouldnt do it for me.
what do you mean you dont have memory dividers? what model is your mobo?
the memory "divider" is tied your ram speed setting in bios, its not a selectable number. its based on what you have your ram set to (ddr2 533, ddr2 667, ddr2 800, etc etc). look in the advanced memory options part of your bios.

super pi is very ram hungry, if you can manage some ddr 1066 with some timings like 4-4-4-14

you might get close to 27... but i highly doubt it.. good luck, you'll need 3.4ghz and great ram and timing

lol.... its a moose....

*YES I KNOW ITS NOT A MOOSE, wtf..*

well what i meant to say is, 800/667/333/ yadda yadda is only going to lessen it

3.3~ghz is my top, untill i can get some better cooling, because im going to need to push 1.6-1.7v to get it stable above that. and i dont trust it on my air cooling, even if it is decent.

so, the memory divider at 800mhz is cpu/8 according to cpuz, and unless i can get my core clock above 3.3ghz, i wont be able to get my ram any higher, because the FSB doesnt make a difference in the ram speed, its the over-all core speed that makes the difference for me

this is a foxconn a7vmx-k, (i've heard bad stuff from a few of u guys, but im telling u this thing is rock solid, the ONLY thing i cant figure out is the ram, but i wouldnt be suprised if its hidden away in here somewhere and i just havent found it yet)

at 3.4~ghz i get 'warnings' in prime95, i dont get errors, and my games work perfectly except somtimes im not able to LOAD the game, it gives me an error.

so i guess, i'll push it to 3.4-3.5ghz @ 1.52v long enough to get off a few super-pi runs.

but last time it worked fine 3-4 times, and then all of a sudden it crashed, and i had to re-open it

temps are not a problem i have it set to shut down @ 60c, so i know its doing well on temps, i just dont like the 'warnings' and random crashes and bugs associated with the 3.4ghz

(3317mhz / 214mhz FSB / 414.625mhz ram / 1070mhz Hypertransport)<------ is my best so far.

Any suggestions on raising some and lowering some is welcome, but i've tried lowering everything except core speed, and the core just is not stable @ 3332mhz+ without a big voltage bump.

***EDIT*** the screenshot--- CPUZ says 205mhz FSB x 16 = 3280mhz core, this is not true, i set it to 207mhz fsb x 16 = 3312mhz core in bios, and bios reads it as 3312mhz, but cpu-z reads it wrong at certain fsb speeds for some reason.***

--- one more thing---

i've noticed on my SATA disk, i seem to get a slightly better superpi time.... because i cant seem to repeat results of 28.829 after i did it that first time..

the first time i did it, i did it 5-6 times in a row just to check it, and i was using my old 160g sata drive,

but vista started complaining about hard drive failure, so i swapped it out with an EIDE drive.

i think this may make a difference=P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom