Just got my Biostar I45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
So yea, i just received this board. Reading through the manual they talk about the OC software that comes with it.

Now, I'm guessing manual OC is still the best method of overclocking. I'm wondering if this software has any utility at all. Should i just not install it at all? or is there some redeeming value to the software?

*edit* Also, what's the best BIOS version to run for overclocking on this board? And who on the forum runs with this MB? I'd like to ask them about their BIOS settings cuz i'm a nub to this board.

Just always get the newest BIOS, they help with stability, memory capability, and other stuff.

Bios OC is probably the best, but every board these days come with software overclocking, which isn't usually recommended for good for minor jumps, I personally hate it. I tried to overclock my i7 through ASUS TURBOV, and that thing frozed every time.

the last time i tried to overclock with software i had to boot in safe mode and manually remove all of the registry entries for the program, because it kept loading on windows boot and freezing.

use the bios... go 1 step at a time, and monitor your temps-

OC software is good to get alittle extra out of your max oc while in windows. I found that I'd was able to boot into windows w/ my old cpu @ 3.5 and using the software was able to get to 3.6 for a suicide run which I was not able to boot into windows w/ so it does indeed help get higher clocks that you usually wouldn't get away w/ in bios

right, but thats only after testing your max in bios thirdshift.

and thats a good example---

he may overclock and get his system to 4ghz in windows stable,

but it might not boot into windows, and he'll be wondering wtf is going on=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom