How hot is too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
As I was looking around in my BIOS, I looked at the temps and saw them, the CPU was like 90-120 degrees Fareinheit (can't spell it). Is that too hot?

Also, I had asked how much a 2.8GHz would go up in a 30% oc.
What about these:
5%
10%
20%

Thanks in advance.

90-120 degrees fahrenheit is fine. That's like around 30 to 50 degrees celsius.

TMT. :cool:

Those temperatures seem normal to me.
If my calculations are correct and hopefully they are, your 5% would be a 140Mhz boost, 10% a 280Mhz boost, and 20% is a 560Mhz boost.

Yep - Those temps are ok. If the temperature exceeds 75-80 C under full loads, i'd start worrying! ;)

where did you get your original info on the temps for your hardware?

The temperature seems fine to me

Is there an external fan they sell for cooling cpu? Because my case is built so that I can't add fans. As of right now I run my comp with the cover off... to vent the heat better... also where can I buy that paste stuff you put on the sink to absorb the cpu heat? I think I need to paint more of that on too.

I run at 60 degrees C sometimes and it still runs like a champ. Far Cry no lag 1024 res on high no lag.......Love you

I'm sitting at 55C and if I start running a game or something it'll get up to 61C. I still think the guy put on crappy compound, I'll have to see how much temp difference I get when I

A.) Get my new 35w 2400+ XP-M processor
B.) Lap my heatsink
C.) Put on my new heatsink and fan
D.) Put a 120mm blow hole on top of my case

I got the new heatsink and fan, but I didn't bother putting it on my current computer. Its gonna get an overhaul when that new processor arrives. I didn't want to put my new heatsink and fan on my current processor then wind up having to take it off in a couple weeks =/ plus I got AS5 to go with it =) I'm hoping to be in the mid to low 40's at idle.

BTW: Here's a handy little link for quick conversion of Fahrenheit to celcius.

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

agex000 said:
Yep - Those temps are ok. If the temperature exceeds 75-80 C under full loads, i'd start worrying! ;)

wow, i dont have much experiance with hot cpus, mine is at 39 idle, but that seems VERY HOT. what kinda cpu would produce that much heat?

yeah I have my heat shutoff temperature set at 75C in the BIOS. I hate it when it gets up to 62C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom