New Laptop Cam/Mic & Misc Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthizzle

Beta member
Hey guys I'm new to these forums but I'm desperately looking for solutions to a few problems I'm having with my new laptop.

First off, I just received this laptop in the mail this week from IBuyPower and its a nice computer but the built-in webcam and microphone aren't working. I can't find any software or driver or anything for the two and I really want to put them to use. Nothing in the device manager I can find about either of them too. How can I get my cam and mic working?

Also, DirectX isn't installing. My Windows is registered and legitimate and everything but every time I run the setup exe it says to retry later or check my network connection. Any ideas on how to fix this?

This problem isn't as big of a problem as the other two, but sometimes when I'm typing, my thumb or palm will graze the touchpad and it will click the cursor away from where I am typing. This is pretty irritating and I'm a new Vista user and haven't been able to figure out how to disable the touchpad double-click function. Navigating around after using XP for years has been a bit irking. I've looked in the mouse settings but can't find anything out of the usual options. Any help here as well would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance you guys offer me and for taking the time to read.

Hmm as far as the drivers, I'm going to give their tech support a call later when they have live support open. Its difficult to reach them with my available hours since by the time I get home, their tech support is closed since I'm a few hours behind being in Hawaii.

I tried that DX link, thats where I've been trying to install it from but the setup exe still won't work. Same problem.

As i said you dont need it in Vista. You have the latest version of DX already installed. DX10 comes preinstalled with Vista. That is a older version of DX. It is not needed.

There is DX10 installed. I will bet you anything that doing what is suggested above will show you that what i said all along was right. DX10 comes installed with Windows Vista. I know. I have worked with it since it was a beta. I hope i know what installs with it...

Yeah you were correct, I'm sorry. I've managed to sort everything out except figuring out how to disable the touch-click on the touchpad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom