Just put together my first pc and now it shuts off after 4-5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some power supplies do not have the voltage selection switch.

Go out and buy a cheap compatible video card and try it again.

yeah i checked and it doesnt, and I tried two vid cards, on it same thing happened. Like I said it will eventially start, but im just wondering if I can change some settings and then it will work everytime

and you think asus will give me a new board if its bad, I dont have a recipt or anything, just the box

took everyhting of except cpu and cooler, and plugged the 24 pin and 4 pin cpu connector and it still shuts off after 5 seconds
also put mobo on cardboard out of case

ok guys i got it started and its on at this moment, now what to do
need help, should i update the bios using a disc

Seeing as you havent said what you did to get it running..... No idea what you should do next.

well, i got it running simply by doing what i have done before, clicking the button till it runs well

now i got the os on but my usb mouse is going real slow, but the system runs fine and quick.
I still have not shut it down so i dont know if it will start up again

very peculiar problem...also, when you have the motherboard out of the case, what are you doing to turn the system on? do you still have it connected to the power button on the case?...or are you using a jumper to start it? because if it's with the case button it may have a short in it that causes it to think it's being held and cause it to shut down

very peculiar problem...also, when you have the motherboard out of the case, what are you doing to turn the system on? do you still have it connected to the power button on the case?...or are you using a jumper to start it? because if it's with the case button it may have a short in it that causes it to think it's being held and cause it to shut down

im using a jumper, but it isnt the button on the case because it worked twice on the case button,

it's just a 1% chance it will work or not, any way i turn it on

post the specs of your hardware...mobo, ram, and video card

weird enough, now i shut it down it starts up but now no video wtf

specs-
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Brisbane 2.8GHz
verto geforce 9600gt(plugged a 7950 and still same thing)
corasir ddr2 800 ram(1stick 1gig installed as of now, 6 gigs avail.)

I think the mobo is DOA....but its really hard to tell with it working some of the time and some not

okay....try pulling out the CPU and putting it back in....also...if you can get it to boot again it might be worth trying to update the bios as it seems that board has a little bit of a problem with the higher end X2's

also look at this thread
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe - Shut itself down 5 seconds after turned on - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

edit: crap...i double posted...can someone merge the posts?

okay....try pulling out the CPU and putting it back in....also...if you can get it to boot again it might be worth trying to update the bios as it seems that board has a little bit of a problem with the higher end X2's

also look at this thread
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe - Shut itself down 5 seconds after turned on - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

edit: crap...i double posted...can someone merge the posts?
thx for the reply, when i had it booted i did update the bios to the earliest one from the website.

and about the link you gave me srry I searched just about every link there is and that one included and I have reseated the cpu already and the cooler, nothing but weird things happening, I mean now im happy its running but no video wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom