Abit Bios corrupt????

Status
Not open for further replies.

leontas

Beta member
I have an Abit AI7 motherboard and get the following problem..

When i turn on the pc i get this:

Award BootBlock Bios v1.0

BIOS Checksum error
Detecting floppy drive A media..

Looking inside the case i see number 41, which from what i read means floppy disk error or something that has to with the floppy disk anyway...

So in order to try and fix it, i put the flashing utility on a disk, along with the newest version of the BIOS and the pc reads the disk and tries to update..

The only thing i get though is:
Bios Image File Check Sum error
You cant update this image file!

So now i'm stuck with a non working mobo, as i have repeatedly tried to clear cmos and nothing happens...

Can someone shed some light on this? I all just happened randomly, the pc was working fine before.. I didn't do any flashing or anything, just one day tried to boot and got this!
:mad:

the rest of my system is
pentium 4 3gig, 1gb kingston ram, 9800 pro, and the usual soundcards, dvd roms etc..

Ehhh thats never a good sign. I flashed my BIOS and on startup it said CMOS Invalid or incorrect size and I almost flipped out...hit F2 to continue with defaults and nothin but black screen....rebooted and somehow it took to the new BIOS. I've never really heard of one day it just said BIOS Checksum error....do you have a boot disk or anything like that. If it happened randomly...then its really hard to diagnose and problems with the BIOS usually don't lead to good things. You said you already tried clearing the CMOS, did you do that by the jumpers or did you take the battery out. The only suggestion I could say is maybe take the battery out for 24 hours and maybe try using the flash utility again. I know this wasn't that informative but the BIOS is pretty sensitive and besides changing my FSB or something like that I don't like to deal with it. Good luck to you

i haven't taken the battery out yet, just did it with the jumper like the manual says..

Clearing the CMOS with the jumper has the same effect as removing the battery for a short period of time.

If the BIOS is actually corrupt, it would be very difficult to restore.

If the BIOS is actually corrupt, it would be very difficult to restore.

...basically yeah =/ I was trying to avoid telling him that =P jk yeah I realize that clearing the CMOS is clearing the CMOS, but I'm on of those that tries a different way to achieve the same thing in hopes that for whatever weird reason it works out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom