SLI Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozar927

In Runtime
Hi guys

I just got my second 9800gt in the mail for SLI and I dont think its working

heres what I did. Put it in installed drivers again went to nividia control panel and turned SLI on. I dont see any performance increases in any of my games. I running vista 32 bit and I have herd people talk about profiles for each game or something to make it work. Can anyone help me here. How do i know if SLI is working in games? On Oblivion it seems like it actlly runs slower tho that may just be in my head.

CPU: 3.0 ghz intel dual core
2 nividia 9800gts
4 gigs ram
22 inch monitor at 1680x1050 resolution.

is their a way to tell if it running and whats this im hearing about SLI profiles for games?

if worst comes to worst I want to overclock these things because im not satisfied with my performance.

i know it's off topic..but, you should really look into getting a 64 bit os.

you have 4gb of ram have a total of 1gb of ram on video cards...that's 5gb in total when windows can only use 3.0-3.5....so 2 sticks of your ram are totally useless :|

okay...here is a good way to test it.

have only 1 card in, run 3d mark 06.....then put the second card in and run it again. If your score doesn't jump, then something is wrong.

whats 3d mark 06 and were can I get it?

I relly need help here. I dont think its running in games at all.

How do I overclock my 2 cards then. I run alot of graphics mods and I as told this card with SLI could handel them but either it cant or SLI isnt working.

yea not all games support sli so if those games that u play dont support it it would just run the game off 1 of your cards making it like it was before your sli

yea not all games support sli so if those games that u play dont support it it would just run the game off 1 of your cards making it like it was before your sli

not true they arent optimised for sli they will still work in sli, its just both cards will read as 1 gpu, instead of individual cards, and you will only get a boost of 10 fps or so from what ive noticed. my 8800gts g92 sli are slughtering everything, exept fro farcry2 which is having sli issues aparently. fall out on the other had is a constant 60 fps unless im neer the river i go down close to 28/30. i have all the settings cranked up with 4x aa and the modded high res water. aparently it hits your performence bad, and itl even bring down a 4870x2, to around 30/40. the only other place i take a hit is up on hill tops i have teh draw distance to max but i only go down to 40/50 so it aint to bad. but most other games i notice an huge increase exept for far cry as mentioned but the engine is bugged preaty bad atm. its codded worse then cry engine 2. fps are preaty much the same if not worse and it only looks half as good. i noticed a big boost in bioshock aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom