Stream Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no difference, its like ati has crossfire and nvidia has sli it's the same thing just worded differently.

They each want to have their own distinctive brand even though both companies are very close. They hope that their name will stand out to you more than the other.

ATI is usually the cheaper option of the two. Which isn't half bad, if you look at their POWERFUL 4800 series.

Nvidia is usually on top of drivers and offer very good quality when it comes to their video cards. While ATI usually has driver issues after a new card has been released.

A LOT of games usually have the logo "Meant to be played with Nvidia." So I m guessing Nvidia has more money to spend when it comes to promoting their products.

The meant to be played with nVidia also means that the game utilizes the Physx that the new cards drivers support I believe.

While ATI usually has driver issues after a new card has been released.
As a person with an 8800 GTS 320MB, 8800 GT 512MB, two 3870's and two 4870's, I'd say you're probably not likely to be affected much if at all by driver issues unless you're using crossfire. Then your biggest concern is usually performance scaling in a few new games.

Also, Nvidia drivers are not issue free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom