Just put together my first pc and now it shuts off after 4-5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
so I just put together my pc and started it up but it turned off after 4-5 seconds
then for the first time it started on video here-

then I turned it off manually
and now it does the same thing, turns on for about 4-5 seconds than turns off

the light on the mb stays on all the time the psu is on. And cd drive and fans all get power
dont know why, any help

interesting, check to make sure all ram is seated properly, and keyboard is plugged in. also try clearing the CMOS with the jumper (instructions should be in the motherboard manual)

You're power supply is adequate I assume? I doubt that it is the thermal paste. Just booting into the bios wouldn't be enough to over heat the cpu..

I reapplied thermal grease and still no help, I dont get why it worked that one time and now it doesnt want to.
power supply is an ocz 600watt brand new, I have another one coming so going to see what happens, same 600watt

cleared cmos many times, plugged keyboard, reseated ram tens of times.

btw just to try something new today i removed the power to cpu(4 pin) and when i start it it just turns the fans and stuff for 1 second and dies, I put te stuff back on and it does the 5 second thing again

cpu is brand new
I dont think it can overheat in 5 seconds, with the heatsink on, and 60degree room temp.

ohh what do you mean by grounded mobo, I have 7 risers and screws on it but dont one hole on the mobo is empty becasue i dont have a riser for it

I tried searching alot all day but no answers
I really wanted things to work out

almost sounds like a bad motherboard, but it's kind of weird how it worked for that while in the video.....when the new PSU comes in make sure to check it...also make sure the current PSU is set to 110 volts and not 220 (the little red switch) also, unplug all peripherals like cd-roms, hdds, and the like...just to get it to post without a full boot

You need to do the bare bones test with the motherboard outside of the case.

CPU w heatink and fan, video card and 1 stick of RAM.

You need to do the bare bones test with the motherboard outside of the case.

CPU w heatink and fan, video card and 1 stick of RAM.

I did that, except i didnt take 1 stick of ram out(i have 2 sticks) and i left most things on, I just went and started it today and second time it booted up but my dvi cable was not hooked up, so I had to shut it down but then again no start up for more than 5 seconds. Weird ho it does that though.

Where the red switch on the psu, never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom