budget/cruiser build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm thanks. and i planned on possibly going to a gpu later also. low end. nothing much. just dvds/movies and photoshop. would this work?

Newegg.com - XFX PVT86JYAHG GeForce 8500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and also, the monitors going to be double use. well, whenever i get an elite =]

That will work for your purposes. If you want a bit more performance, or if you wanna do any gaming, look into the HD 4650.

If all you want to do is watch movies and use photoshop, you'd be fine with integrated graphics, or something even smaller like an HD 4550 or 4350, like this:
Newegg.com - MSI R4350-D512H Radeon HD 4350 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

that monitor is expensive for a 22".

oh yea, if you're going with an elite...get a monitor that is 1080p not 1050....my friend's monitor has a bit of screen tearing when he plays it at 1080p

While Acer do make fairly good monitors they aren't known to produce the best results. You might want to look at some Samsung monitors as well.

but the price of a samsung.....
and the techs here at the shop i work at like acer monitors and say there good

Dude if you can't afford the Samsung, then go with the Acer. I am currently using a 22" wide screen Acer and I am IN LOVE with it.

Party because its my first wide screen and first monitor over 17 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom