The most awesome datacenter ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The most awesome datacenter ever!

I came across the coolest looking datacenter today, and probably the coolest looking place, bar none, ever built (thanks to Royal Pingdom). It was built by one of Sweedens largest ISP's as a new high profile datacenter, and yes, it's under ground, made to look like Dr. Evil's mountain of extreme doom, with fog machines and all inside the workplace!
If you've ever seen something you've really wanted in your cubicle I'm sure you'll find it here. The workplace looks like a paintball arena, there are weird waterfall things, colors, lights, and of course it's in a cavern. I always thought Google was the best place to work, now I'm having second thoughts!
The place has backup power from two submarine engines, a “small” 1.5 megawatts of energy are used on cooling the servers, and there is just so much coolness to this I can't begin to explain. Oh, by the way, you could supposedly hurl a hydrogen bomn very near the place and it would withstand the effects! Now that's a safe datacenter! Take a look at Royal Pingdom for some pics and an interview the CEO of the company who built the place.

Royal Pingdom The world's most super-designed data center ? fit for a James Bond villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom