First Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano4163

Solid State Member
Hi Everyone. I'm trying my first build and am looking for as much advice as I can get. So far I have bought the case and am looking at CPU's now. I bought an AeroCool AeroEngine Plus mid-tower. It has a 140 mm front fan, a 180mm side fan, and a 120mm exhaust fan, plus two lange side vents, so hopefully airflow should not be a problem. I will try to post a link to it(hope it works). The CPU I am looking at is a AMD Phenom x4 9950 2.6ghz am2+ 125w quad-core. from NEWEGG. This computer will be used mostly for gaming. I will be building this a piece at a time as I am working with a limited budget.any help woud be greatly appriceated. http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xoxide_2029_298843185

I guess I said that wrong about the limited budget. I can buy the more expensive parts, I will just have to save up longer. I'm doing this with my extra money. I set aside so much each week for this project. What I want is to build a computer mostly for gaming that is fast and will not have to be upgraded for a while. So I guess my first question is what kind of CPU should I go with? I want one that is big and fast but I don't want to morgage my house to get it. I already got a case. Thanks

Well then you should wait until the day when you have all the money as tech prices are constantly falling and components get superceeded each week. A E8400 is what you should aim for with a Core contact freezer cpu cooler.

Well I am listening, might just sell the HP 6200n and build one as a hobby, I am getting interested in this topic, lets say I have $600 to build a desktop can I surpass the performance of the HP A6200N by a large margin or should I say noticeable.

Chet

Well I am listening, might just sell the HP 6200n and build one as a hobby, I am getting interested in this topic, lets say I have $600 to build a desktop can I surpass the performance of the HP A6200N by a large margin or should I say noticeable.

Chet

dear Chet,

thread hi-jacking is not appreciated,

yes, $600 would get you a better computer than HP A6200N

dear Chet,

thread hi-jacking is not appreciated,

yes, $600 would get you a better computer than HP A6200N

Sorry, to be honest, I don't even know what thread hijacking is, but I will read up so it does not happen again

Chet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom