so i just bout all this and wanted to know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
then read what he said
he does not need a 4870x2

Well im kinda stuck with this order now, but i would stil like to build another if you all would like to help.

This one is going to be used as a studio server. Now the next one has to be built for running multiple power sucking programs at once. Needs at least 4 gigs of ram (one of the programs i need wont run without it) and just needs to be fast, can't lag. Need dual or three monitors (<<Preferrably) wireless is a must, and so is room for expansion. needs to have 500 gb hd or more. the budget can be limitless. Needs to be able to run for days with a heavy load. And needs to have enough cache to maximize my ds3 line.

so please guys help... if u see by the last one i think i might've fuggered it up. Oh and lastly it needs to be a tower pc. And run on Vista 64 bit.

-Vince

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
grab more if you want to raid it up

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
grab another set if you want 8GB

PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

LG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech

2 x these cards XFX PVT95GYALG GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card (verong's suggestion)
I can only recall of 8 series cards with hardware decoding, but I am not in the market for a new card so didn't keep up :( maybe you guys got a better idea

Rosewill RNX-N300 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless-N 2.0 PCI (1T2R) Up to 150Mbps Data Rates/ WPA/WPA2 (AES, 64,128-WEP with shared-key authentication) Cisco CCS V1.0, V2.0 and V3.0 compliant/ Vista Ready

case - personal choice

a balanced system? What about studio pc's that do nothing but encode, decode, production and host various progs? You don't need a $300-$400 card for that.

If I were to build it I would take fat clown's build and add two 320gb 7200.11 raid0 plus the another hdd for storage

I just want to know what Vince does to give him an unlimited budget! I mean, his last post included an alienware rig with a QX9770, 2x 4870x2, so we know he probably paid $6000 for that considering it is an Alienware rig.

Well lets see, there is inquiries as to what i do. Iown a few different companies. I own aptured Studios in el paso, tx. Which is a music production, and photography studio for up and coming models. We do portfolios, specialized shoots, and ad's for local and national businesses. I also own 3 insurance agencies (a life acident and health, and two property and casualty) and i own a used can dealership. All this was done before turning 21. I thank god, and my family for helping me get where i am. The alienware comp. was just above 7000 that is the one i use at the agencies. I know its a little overkill for what i do here, but i occasionally play games on it, while spending late nights at the office. The lenovo is an enrolling machine for when we are out of worksites, etc. So thats the sum of everything there. I like most of everyones suggestions.

-Vince
Lenovo Y710 - 4 gb ram, vista ultimate
ALienware - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770, dual ATI HD 4870 x2, 4GBDDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz, 1TB 7,200RPM, vista ultimate

Wow dude, all that before turning 21. Sounds very incredible and I'm sure it must have taken quite a bit of money to start, so I'm glad everything paid off for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom