I know almost nothing about building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
I just have a couple question that I would liked answered before I build my pc in a couple weeks.
To get wireless internet on my pc, I need to buy a wifi PCI card, but how do I download the drivers for it and all of my other components if I don't have internet on it? And I can't plug in an ethernet cord.
Also, once I put everything together, will everything work automatically or will I have to install the drivers for everything?

because my router is across the house in a little tiny corner and I would have no room at all to put my computer there.

Typically, a Wireless card is going to come with a CD that has drivers already on it. Same goes for most hardware that you buy.

PS: You can actually edit a previous post of yours, by clicking the EDIT button. Fancy that!

Ok thanks, and I know i can edit a post but some a person responded before an i guess he deleted his post after i responded. so i wont have to worry about anything? and is it hard to build a computer?

I knew nothing about computers about 4 weeks ago, but with the internet knolege is infinite. Right now I have built my computer and only need to get an os and some small things here and there
its very easy, but just find the right products before you buy

The seagate 7200.11 is the latest series
I would get a E8400 and a decent aftermarket cooler as it will give you better performance in most current games
Rather then a 9800 get an Ati 48** (30/50/70) dependent on what your budget will allow
You have made the pennultimate noob mistake and not bought a psu seperately its what supports everything if it blows up because of it being cheap and shoddy then it can take everything else out with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom