Am Ready to pullmy hair out at Problem Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 1/3 of every Intel board has bent pins. I don't know what your source is, but at this point in time, the rule of thumb is that Intels are better.

Another - Does everything power on, but the motherboard and things attached to it do nothing? What heatsink and case are you using?

When you applied your motherboard to the case, did you place it on the standoffs? Try taking the motherboard out and resting it on the motherboard box or something of the sort, keep everything plugged in, and turning it on, and see what happens. It could be that your board is getting grounded. I just helped my friend rebuild his computer a couple days ago, and he had this problem.

He says his fans spin up and stay revolving. i dunno if that would mean its grounded properly but some current is going through there when he powers it up. but thats all we know so far.

First, answering "Ethan_Kaizer"s question, everything seems to power on. My CD tray ejected, and the hard drive turned. I placed everything on a cardboard box for a test. This rules out a motherboard grounding out. I do think I have a damaged LGA 775 CPU, however, the motherboard also appears to have bend pins on the socket. After reading an article from PC Stats, this seems to be likely. However, Sarah's number seems a little high, unless it was based on personal experience.

Thank you for your Help.

I am open to suggestions on motherboards or processors, in case they need to be changed during the RMA.

Any ideas on what to do now?

Your processor is likely dead. I would return it, and the first motherboard, and get an AMD. I understand not all intels are bad, but their LGA design seems kinda impractical. I believe AMDs are usually better, as a rule of thumb. Also, check your mobo for bent pins. This is extremely common, (in my case, 1 out of every 3 builds. If you have them, use a small object to bend them back. If you can unbend them, great. If not, return your board with the CPU. No matter how stupid you may feel, it happens to everyone. I know a friend who has built computers since the days of Windows 95, and he killed a mobo by bending one of those pesky pins in the LGA 775 socket.

Sarah McPherson
Please Read the Rules pertaining to signatures.

What are you talking about? Right now Intel is way better the AMD. The pins on the motherboard are not that bad. My motherboard had a bent pin and I just bent it back and it works fine.

You are better going with Intel right now. Intel may cost more but a 2GHz C2D is about equal to an AMD Athlon X2 2.5GHz and you can overclock the C2D better then most AMD chips.

Sarap, Intel Dual Cores outperform the X2's by quite a bit and are priced REALLY LOW as of right now. Also like Doom said, he already has an Intel motherboard. He should probably get the E5200, since its basically the E7200 with less cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom