Which HDD should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well about 7200.11 hdd's, I don't think I will need so much space... but thanks for the advice anyway

I do disagree that all hard drive manufacturers are the same. That's like saying all monitor manufacturers are the same, just different resolutions. (SapperX)

Not all HDD's are equal. Western Digital's are only good for holding a stack of papers on my desk in the summer when the ceiling fan is on. I've had 6 WD's die. Not a single Seagate has died on me. You are right on one thing, SapperX. Not all drives are equal. Buy a Seagate, and buy a big Seagate.

Sarah McPherson

funny u mention that.... my only seagate hard drive i've ever owned, a 320gb 16mb cache has died on me..

while 2 250gb western digitals (not in my build) is doing great!
also a 74gb raptor i've sold to a friend, doing marvalously!
and 2 old ide western digital hard drives, at least 5 years old... are both still running excellent condition

Not all HDD's are equal. Western Digital's are only good for holding a stack of papers on my desk in the summer when the ceiling fan is on. I've had 6 WD's die. Not a single Seagate has died on me. You are right on one thing, SapperX. Not all drives are equal. Buy a Seagate, and buy a big Seagate.

Sarah McPherson

That is funny. I have had more Seagate die on me over the years than WD. So if they are so much better can you explain that to me?

Over the years i have had at least 12 Seagate drives die on me. WD i have only had about 3. I have 3 WD HDD's in my system now that i have used daily for the past 5 years.

Sorry your suggestion on this doesnt add up to me...

HDD's are so cheap nowadays that theres really no since in buying just a 250GB HD when for just a few bucks more you can get a 500GB. I've used the Seagate Barracuda for years now and have never had a serious problem with any of them. Maybe I've gotten lucky buy they are a very high quality hard drive.
I recommend the Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

500 GB of storage is enough for anyone except the most hard core movie or song downloader. Again, having 2 hard drives is the best way to go as other people have said but if its not in your budget a 500gb is the next best thing.

Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom