PSU questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
If I'm doing a build that involves a GTX 280 what PSU wattage would you recommend? ( I'm going with the corsair PSU series since everyone seems to love those ) What kind of wattage would be required if I SLI 2 GTX 280s? Lastly how long do PSUs typically last with normal usage? 4-5 years?

well it all depends on the other peripherals you have, but i myself wouldn't go anything under 550w

If you didn't have a Raidmax PSU I would have said yes..

But a GTX 280 is pretty awesome, why another one?

If I'm doing a build that involves a GTX 280 what PSU wattage would you recommend? ( I'm going with the corsair PSU series since everyone seems to love those ) What kind of wattage would be required if I SLI 2 GTX 280s? Lastly how long do PSUs typically last with normal usage? 4-5 years?

Wattage doesn't matter.. you need a good quality PSU.. I'd recommend the 750TX on Corsair's line or Higher..

another 280 for more performance. Should i upgrade to a "quality" PSU. Which one? Any Corsair? i would like to stick with a modular PSU though. **** I just decided to upgrade my CPU instead. should i still ditch my current PSU?****

Dude your computer is a beast. There really is no point running GTX 280 in SLI. Unless your gaming on resolutions like 2500x1600 or above.

If you have to change the CPU though. It'd be wise to get the E8600 and even wiser to wait for Yorkfields to drop in price a bit.

I just ordered a Corsair TX750 for $125 (Canadian Dollars). There seems to be a deal on them at the moment so you might want to pick one up.

I'm still a little confused, so for a single GTX 280 a 600 watt power supply is okay? I was asking about what PSU wattage I would need to SLI 2 of them in the future because I might just go with that PSU so I don't have to worry about switching PSUs. Will 650watt PSU handle SLI GTX 280s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom