What's wrong with this slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenapples

In Runtime
I just checked inside my computer there are two white PCI and slots and beside them is a brown slot with a card in it that says "Silicon image." I tried connecting my Dell monitor to it, but it does not come close to fitting; the holes are square shaped. I currently have a built in graphics card I'm using an Intel. Can someone tell me if I can remove this card and put an AGP card in. I have an HP - Compaq D530. Please help!

why do you post same question again

I have a graphics card mounted to the motherboard and I'm pretty sure it I have 2 PCI slots, are there graphics cards compatible with PCI slots, not PCIE slots? I have an HP - Compaq D530. It [Crucial Scan] says its desktop type can't have graphics cards, I hope it's not true can someone please help me?

according to the specs it says it has an AGP 8x slot...which means that the card is removable and should be able to be replaced with another card that is AGP 4x or 8x....you can find lots of those in stores and online on sites such as this

Newegg.com - agp

the clown does not appreciate reading the same thing over

One was whether or not I have a slot the other was what's a matter with this slot...Anyway this AGP card looks like it only has a DVI port no a VGA port. Can I get an AGP that will have a VGA port and a DVI port?

fallenapples (translated to proper English) said:
I just checked inside my computer, and I noticed that there are two white PCI slots. Beside them is a brown slot with a card in it that says "Silicon image." I tried connecting my Dell monitor to it, but it does not come close to fitting; the holes are square shaped. I currently have a built in graphics card, and I have an Intel CPU. Can someone tell me if I can remove this card and put an AGP card in? I have an HP Compaq D530. Thank you.

From what I just saw from google, that's an AGP slot. You can remove that card if it has no purpose, and you can put an AGP graphics card in.

This is a good one:

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AG3850 512MD3-P Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

One was whether or not I have a slot the other was what's a matter with this slot...Anyway this AGP card looks like it only has a DVI port no a VGA port. Can I get an AGP that will have a VGA port and a DVI port?

If you buy an AGP graphics card, it will come with a DVI - VGA adapter that you can use.

Yes it is thank you very much. A few more questions, do some AGP cards just come with DVI slots and no VGA slots? If so why? And What are DVI slots for anyway? And what do you mean by low profile? Thank you!

yes some cards come with just DVI
because DVI is superior to VGA

DVI has the same function as VGA, to connect video card to monitor
just better

low profile - slim card, doesn't have a crazy cooler on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom