Will my PSU handle Crossfire 4830's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely Deneb (can't choose 2.8ghz or 3.0ghz yet). I'll probably have to wait and see. If Deneb does flop, then I'll just pick up one of the current Phenoms on the cheap. Probably the 9650 or the 9950. No point getting a 125tdp CPU, if it ain't the best you can get.

By then Phenoms will probably be around $100~$120. Since Deneb will push their prices down a bit.

Yeah I realize Intel outperforms AMD by quite a bit. But AMD seems to have the price/performance edge when it comes to Quad Cores right now. The Q6600 was slaughtering Phenoms, but with the new bad batches. It gets out performed by the 9950.

and some just like to support amd :) as of now im kinda sick on intel. either quad core will still be fin for high end gaming as long as u have a nice 4870 or the like anyway.

Most likely Deneb (can't choose 2.8ghz or 3.0ghz yet). I'll probably have to wait and see. If Deneb does flop, then I'll just pick up one of the current Phenoms on the cheap. Probably the 9650 or the 9950. No point getting a 125tdp CPU, if it ain't the best you can get.

By then Phenoms will probably be around $100~$120. Since Deneb will push their prices down a bit.

Yeah I realize Intel outperforms AMD by quite a bit. But AMD seems to have the price/performance edge when it comes to Quad Cores right now. The Q6600 was slaughtering Phenoms, but with the new bad batches. It gets out performed by the 9950.

Phew I thought it was another AMD user going dark...

Vernong there are reasons that I m not going. But I will not deny that Intel has great performance.

But when it comes to Ati, in all honesty. Nvidia maybe a bit more expensive, but its usually worth it.

Also keep in mind I m the consumer. I can go with one company just because I don't like the fact the other one uses blue.

Don't put me in the same ship as nagasama who apostated from AMD :D

i tried staying amd.. i sold my quad rig and went for socket 1207 fx... hoping it would steal my heart back...

but boy was i ever wrong.... lol

i had hopes of puting in dual quad-opterons in that baby and having a good time!! but none of that will ever come true!! socket 1207 was shuned worse than a red headed stepchild

Wow, I don't know the difference between FX, and normal chips.

From what I've heard, FX chips have unlocked multipliers. So basically they are no different then Black Editions?

Pretty much yes.. AMD decided to let the BE's be a cheap alternative to paying 800+ for an unlocked multiplier..

.................. Wow..... Since when did AMD charge $800+ for their chips? Besides the S939 X2's. But that was different, that was the start of Dual Cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom