LCD Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the grim gopher said:
i heard that CRT monitors are better for gaming, is this true, or does it just depend on the quality of the LCD monitor?

Hmmm... Well since owning a (pretty decent imho) LCD I'd swear by them. But then again many still swear by CRT's...

It's a small thing to go by (considering they're generally more pricey) but face it- the LCD astheticly looks cooler and they do save space on your desk..

the grim gopher said:
i heard that CRT monitors are better for gaming, is this true, or does it just depend on the quality of the LCD monitor?

CRTs are better for gaming as they do not promote ghosting, and are less pixel-visible.

even if u get the highest quality LCD, with high respons time, no ghosting... u still need to run the LCD at much higher resolution(meaning taking away proccessor power from Textures and FPS just to display a game clearly), just to make it look as good as a CRT at 800x600. and vivid colors and contrast ratio- have those been improved yet on expensive LCD's?

jolancer said:
even if u get the highest quality LCD, with high respons time, no ghosting... u still need to run the LCD at much higher resolution(meaning taking away proccessor power from Textures and FPS just to display a game clearly), just to make it look as good as a CRT at 800x600. and vivid colors and contrast ratio- have those been improved yet on expensive LCD's?

Well, i played some games on my parents LCD and ghosting might bother some of you...but it doesnt bother me nor does it pose a big problem. The only thing i didnt like was on BFV the screen was really light (my parents isnt as good as the one they want to get me.) The whole point of me asking this is because i am going to get an LCD and i am a gamer (duh) and i wanted to see anyone who has an LCD if they liked gamin on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom